Sunday 16 September 2012

Codes and Conventions of Music Videos

As part of my coursework, I have looked at a series of music videos which consist of different genres to anaylse the codes and conventions used in them. 

From my research, different genres of music have different codes and conventions for their music videos. The first genre I looked at was 'Rap' music, I looked at Rap artist's such as Tupac, Notorious B.I.G, G-Unit, 50 Cent, Ja Rule, Nas, Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg. From analysing their music videos, I have learnt that in each of these artists' videos, the artist will use the 'hood' (town/place where artist is from) as the setting in each of their videos. 


Below, I have uploaded a video of myself and a friend talking about the codes and conventions of music videos in more detail.






No comments:

Post a Comment